Hi! I'm Dr. Ky Le
How does this work?
Headaches are common, and many people suffer from them. The cure for treating a normal headache is to drink an extra glass of water. In addition to this, rest or take a painkiller. In general, there are different types of headaches and causes for them.
Different types of headaches:
Chronic tension headaches
Suffering From Headaches?
Delivery Service Available!
Causes of headaches:
- Often headaches have underlying causes, and its treatment involves treating that cause. High blood pressure usually causes no symptoms at all. But it may manifest headaches.
- Chemicals, drugs and substance withdrawal.
- Headaches can be due to a substance, or its withdrawal. For example, carbon monoxide, produced by gas heaters or coal-fired stoves. Additional common causes are alcohol hangover and dehydration.
- Headaches due to referred pain.
- Some headaches are due to pain in some other part of the head. Such as tooth or ear pain, pain in the jaw joint and pains in the neck.
- Sinusitis is another common cause of headache. The sinuses swell up due to infection (cold or allergy).
- Acute glaucoma can cause a severe headache. In glaucoma, the pressure inside the eyeballs suddenly increases. As a result, causes a severe headache.
- Bleeding around the brain (subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- Meningitis and brain infections
- Brain tumors
When to visit your doctor for headaches
- Any head injury in the last three months
- Signs of high temperature (fever)
- If the headaches start suddenly
- Any problems with speech and balance of body
- Problems with memory or changes in personality
- If the headache starts after coughing or sneezing
- Any redness or pain in eyes
- Nausea & vomiting with the headache
- You have low immunity, in cases of HIV or oral steroid medication
- Eat a balanced and regular diet
- Exercise regularly
- Manage their stress levels
- Maintain good body posture and strengthen the core muscles
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Have plenty of sleep